Friday, June 4, 2010

Friendship

Well someone asked me to write about friendship. So here i am typing!

"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. "Proverbs 13:20

Friends are valuable in life, without them you can feel quite lonely. I know that from my own experiences.

The type of people you have as friends is so important.
As it says in Proverbs 13:20 (see above). Friends that are wise will make you wise, but hanging out with fools will hurt you.

In other words, you end up being like the ones you hang out with all the time.
So if you hang out with the crowd who smokes, most likely you will start smoking.
If you hang out with the crowd who goes to church, you will probably end up going to church.
If you have a friend who wags at school, you might start doing it too.

Get the drift?
As you spend more time with your friends you will act more like them.
Like for me, My voice sounds just about the same as one of my best friends! This so shows how long I spend talking to her.
I am thankful she is a wise, and kind, and she stands up for what she believes in.

She is the type of Person I want to be around, because I know she is not about to get me to do something that will get me in trouble.

On the other hand, I used to have friends who weren't as awesome as her.
At the time I thought they were the best thing in the world. But I look back and see, all they did was cause pain.
They effected a lot of my decisions back then, they were not good decisions, and I still have to deal with the consequences 4 - 5 years later.

The friends you have are so important! Choose friends that are good influences, not bad.


Also while I'm on the topic of friends, remember the phrase: To have a friend, you must be a friends.

That phrase is so true. Nobody wants to be friends with someone who doesn't be friendly back.
It is a two-way thing. A relationship goes both way.. Not Give, Give, Give. Or Take. Take, Take.

As well as trying to make sure you have the right kind of friends, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be friendly with people who are not exactly making the best choices, they do need friends who will care for them too. But make sure your main friendship circle has good influences in it.

I don't know quite how to end this so forgive me please, as I am no very good at blogs yet. Ending it here! Bai!

Peace out! X

2 comments:

  1. i make you do many stupid things :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sure... Stupid crazy.. or Stupid, like the most dumb person ever..

    ReplyDelete

 
START FREEDOM - Young people campaigning to combat trafficking