Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Facing the lies - BYM Easter Camp 2010

Ok, well I was going to post the notes from a seminar at Easter Camp 2010 here,but since I can't, I'm going to write about what God did there.

Lies are nasty little things that get told to us all the time for all sorts of places..

I for one have believed a lot of the years..
Lies about
my worth,
my time,
my purpose

Essentially all i believed was lies!

When i went to Easter camp I had had enough of the lies..

I would love to say, when I heard this Seminar, All the lies were removed, and I was totally healed from all the past and present emotion pain and whatever. But that is nothing quite like what happened.

I was able to identify lies I had not seen, and deal to them. Replacing them with God's truth.

Some of the the lies I had grew to believe, I didn't want to stop believing though. I felt safer that way. So I continued to believe them, Because they were "constants"....
Everything but the lies seemed to change all the time!!!

So I kept the lies, fooling no one but myself.... I hid them behind my thoughts saying maybe one day I'll deal with them when I am stronger... Fact is, two months later, I am not stronger, and those lies have been eating away at me, and I hadn't noticed....

I realize now, If I do not combat these lies now. Everything these lies have been "holding up" will collapse and it will destroy everything I have worked hard at changing.....

As i try to figure myself out and combat the lies, I challenge you.. What lies are you believing, and how are they affecting you?






4 comments:

  1. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. copy and paster!!!
    ^
    |

    :O lool i was ther.. wit u homie g!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete

 
START FREEDOM - Young people campaigning to combat trafficking